Seth Godin has a great way of distilling information for clear understanding while being innovative with his concepts.
I came across this post on his blog where he addresses where individuals can misunderstand how having a web presence can make money and it’s not by just putting up a website. He says:
Make money: not by building an internet company, but by using the net as a tool to create value and get paid. Use the internet as a tool, not as an end.
And he continues by saying the essence of having an internet presence is to use it to connect with other people who want what you have to offer.
Connect the disconnected to each other and you create value.
* Connect advertisers to people who want to be advertised to.
* Connect job hunters with jobs.
* Connect information seekers with information.
* Connect teams to each other.
* Connect those seeking similar.
* Connect to partners and those that can leverage your work.
* Connect people who are proximate geographically.
* Connect organizations spending money with ways to save money.
* Connect like-minded people into a movement.
* Connect people buying with people who are selling.
You can read the entire article here, and I’d love to have you come back and offer your comments here on what you learned from this article or ask any questions that come up for you after reading it. I’d love to hear from you!
Read Seth’s full post here: How to make money using the Internet